Digital Signage System
Valparaiso University recognizes the need for groups to communicate their activities, services, and ideas to the campus community and for a visually pleasing and organized setting for the community to receive such communication. The Harre Union, in accordance with the above, has provided the following guidelines for use of the Harre Union Digital Signage System (HUDSS). The Harre Union is responsible for ensuring that scheduling for the system is provided in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Welcome Desk
- North (Lincolnway) Entrance
- Founders Table Kiosk
- Games and Recreation Area Kiosk
- West (Heugli) Entrance Hallway Kiosk
- Elevator Kiosk – 1st floor
- Student Groups (all Student Senate-recognized student organizations and clubs).
- Greek Organizations, both social and academic.
- Groups, clubs, organizations, and programs recognized by University departments.
- Offices, departments, and groups listed in the Campus Directory.
- Submitting organizations are responsible for design, production, and timely submission of slides.
- Slides will only be uploaded Monday–Thursday during academic weeks.
Slides must be submitted a minimum of 1 week prior to the start date of your advertisement and meet the following requirements:
- Acceptable file formats: .jpeg, .png, .gif picture files
- PowerPoint slide (.pdf files must be put on a PowerPoint slide and submitted in the PowerPoint format)
- Must select a width of 9.5” and height of 5.5” in Page Setup
- Must be saved in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 format
- Must be in landscape view
- Videos can be submitted, but must be less than one minute in length. Please note that there is no sound played for videos.
- Must be in .mp4 format
- IMC recommended pixel is 10+
- 72–300 dpi is recommended for best picture quality
If you have broadcast-ready slides for submission, please email your publication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of your event, date of your event, and the dates you would like to slide to run (maximum of seven days). Any slides not following the above specifications will be sent back for corrections.
- All content will be approved by the Harre Union Administration.
- All video submissions must be less than 60 seconds in length.
- Since all broadcast screens are in public areas, all materials must be of an appropriate nature and acceptable for public viewing.
- Only advertising of campus-sponsored events and official university business will be approved for broadcasting.
- Time and Number Limitations: Advertisements will be approved to run for a maximum of one week prior to the event. All advertisements will be removed by 12:00 a.m. after the event has occurred.
- A group may only have two advertisements running on the TV at any given time.
- The HUDDS is intended to be a medium for campus-sponsored event promotion, organizational promotion, emergency notification, and/or official university business. Use of the digital signage for any other purpose, including but not limited to political or commercial material, is prohibited without the approval of the Harre Union.
- All emergency notices and warnings override all advertisements. They are controlled by the Health and Safety Director. The Union has no control over these messages.