Welcome to Valpo’s Writing Program!
The University Writing Program supports the teaching and practice of writing across all levels and disciplines. We help students become lifelong writers, readers, thinkers, and learners who are well prepared to lead and serve.
Valpo’s vertical writing and information literacy program was envisioned in 2011 by a Student Writing Task Force representing each of our colleges and disciplines. Today, services and programs include the following:
- Pedagogy workshops
- Writing and writing intensive courses for first-year through senior undergraduate students that emphasize information literacy
- Curriculum development & assessment support
- Student peer writing consultations & class workshops
- Writing tutorials for VU’s Access College & Summer Bloom Program
- Undergraduate degrees in writing
- Faculty writing center fellowships for professional development
- Panels and speakers
- Consultations for graduate student writers
- Support and direction for our writing across the disciplines general education initiative
Thank you to the generous donors who support our work:
- The Doris K. Christopher Endowed Fund for Faculty Writing Development
- The Judith L. Beumer Endowed Writing Program Fund