Frequently Asked Questions about Urban Studies at VU

Q.  Where do I get an application for the Chicago Urban Semester? 

 A.  Applications are available on line from the ACM web site at

Q.  Where should I send my application when I have it completed?

A.  Send it to Professor Longan in Kallay-Christopher Hall.  You may deliver the application in person, leave it in his mailbox, or leave it with administrative assistant, Rusta Ault, in the Geography and Meteorology office.

Q.  Where should my faculty recomendations and transcript be sent?  

A.  Please tell your faculty recomenders to send your recommendations to Professor Longan in Kallay-Christopher Hall.  You should also ask the Registrar to send your transcript to Professor Longan.

Q.  When is the application deadline?

A.  The on-campus application deadline is usually one week before the deadline listed on the ACM application.  This gives us enough time to review your application prior to sending it on to the ACM program for review. Please check with your faculty recommenders at least a week prior to the on-campus deadline to make sure that they have sent their reccomendations.