After numerous years of playing on Brown Courts, the Valparaiso University tennis programs got a brand-new home in the spring of 2006 as the Valparaiso University Tennis Complex was built. The facility, dedicated on September 30, 2006, was built as part of the FITT fund-raising campaign within the athletics department.
The Valparaiso University Tennis Complex has 12 courts, including several with lights. The courts are set up on four banks of three courts each, to help enhance the viewing of the action.
Located in the heart of campus, the Valparaiso University Tennis Complex is designed in a manner which maximizes viewing of all courts, with bleacher seating set up at the end of each bank.
When the complex was built, new wind screens, benches, and water coolers were installed on each court, adding to the amenities that surround the hard court surface. In addition, a large storage building was built on the edge of the complex, which allows for practice equipment to be housed within the facility.
The Valparaiso University Tennis Complex was home to the 2006 and 2007 Mid-Continent Conference Women’s Tennis Championships. The courts have also hosted several conference clusters, allowing for multiple matches to be contested at the same time.
- Opened: 2006
- Home of Tennis
1700 Union St, Valparaiso, IN 46383