- Closing / Valparaiso’s beloved institution serving all things roast turkey, Strongbow Inn, recently closed the dining room, bar, and bakery portion of its business. Strongbow will continue to host banquets and holiday brunches.
- Commencement / Jonathan T.M. Rockford, MBA, chief executive officer of Habitat for Humanity International, delivered the Commencement address to Valpo’s May 2015 graduating class.
- Dance / The 2015 Dance Marathon raised nearly $34,000 to support Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
- Business / The College of Business recently maintained its accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. Less than 5 percent of the world’s business programs have earned such a distinction.
- Snowed In / In early January, University classes were canceled because of extreme cold temperatures and a large accumulation of snow,
and that was just the beginning. February was Chicago’s third snowiest month in history.
- Victory / After beating Green Bay 54-44 in the final round of the Horizon League Tournament, the men’s basketball team was crowned Horizon League Champions for the second time in three years.
- Jazz Fest / The 30th annual
Jazz Fest welcomed Grammy-award winning artist Natalie Cole to campus.