Mission and Vision
The mission of the Institute is to support, promote, and enhance Valparaiso University’s community of learning dedicated to excellence. In order to accomplish this mission, the Institute will:
- Provide resources to faculty through all career stages in their various roles as teachers, scholars, professionals, leaders, and campus citizens;
- Promote and recognize teaching excellence and pedagogical innovation;
- Help faculty apply the pedagogy needed to provide innovative and enriching learning environments;
- Advance the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- Collaborate with departments to develop, deliver, and assess both student learning outcomes and program curricula; and
- Play a key role in university strategic planning with respect to academic initiatives.
The Institute is vital to the continuous improvement of authentic and collaborative learning environments where students are actively engaged and responsible for their own learning through a campus culture that highly values teaching excellence and pedagogical innovation.