Enhanced International Business in German (EIB – German) is a nine-semester program that combines a major in International Business, a major or minor in German, and one academic year of study and work in Germany. The program allows students to gain linguistic and cultural proficiency in the German language and prepares them for careers with German or US companies that operate globally. Students:
- fulfill all requirements for the International Business major and the German major or minor
- participate in VU’s study abroad program in Reutlingen, Germany, in the seventh semester;
- enroll in at least two German-language business courses while in Reutlingen;
- work in a cooperative-education placement in Germany during the eighth semester and ensuing summer;
- return to campus for the capstone ninth semester;
- and reside in the Kade-Duesenberg German House and Cultural Center for at least two semesters.
EIB – German is coordinated jointly by the College of Business and the German section of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. Students who wish to enroll in EIB – German should see their business advisor and a German instructor as early as possible.
Click here for EIB – German’s nine-semester plan of study.