The first step to studying a language at Valpo is to take the Placement Exam. FOCUS 2022 students will take the Placement Exam online, before coming to campus for their FOCUS session. Students will take the exam from home before coming to campus in June (ideally, by June 1st, 2022). Before taking a specific placement exam, answer this question:
Have you previously studied this language?
DO NOT TAKE the placement exam in this language if:
– You have never been exposed to this language
– You have only studied this language independently using software
• Register for 101 (the first semester course).
DO TAKE the placement exam in this language if:
– You have taken this language in a traditional high school or junior high/middle school class
– You have studied this language through homeschooling
– You speak this language at home or with family
• Click the link below.
The purpose of the Language Placement Exam is to determine which Valpo language course you should take, for a language that you have previously studied in high school. The exam will place you into a specific Valpo language course. After completing the course you will earn academic credit for this course. After completing the course you may also earn extra credits (retroactive credit) for some of the courses you skipped over with a high placement score.