Resources for Instructors
Resources for Instructors Request a Writing Center Class Visit
Use this form to request a visit with a Writing Center consultant in your classroom or in the Writing Center. Please give us at least a week’s advance notice, and we will do our best to accommodate your request. In the event that we cannot offer the requested service during your preferred times, you will be contacted to explore other options. We look forward to working with your students!
Submitting Student Writing Samples
The Writing Center appreciates faculty willing to share samples of student writing. Importantly, the name of the student is removed and the paper becomes anonymous. By reviewing samples of student writing, our Writing Consultants better understand papers of different studies of discipline and can learn new terminology and styles of writing, better serving the Valparaiso University community.
Council of Writing Program Administrators
- The council of Writing Program Administrators is designed for professors to learn organization, administration, practices, and aims of college and university writing programs.
- A page for writing professors and writing program administrators to examine expected outcomes for First Year Composition (FYC) programs.
- A page describing the framework needed to advance students’ capabilities in rhetorical and contemporary skills.
The Purdue Online Writing Lab
- A page outlining writing services for both students and professors.
- The OWL has tabs for tutor and teacher resources.
John C. Bean – Engaging Ideas
- An abstract on Engaging Ideas, highlighting creative activities using critical thinking across different disciplines of study.