The Symposium on Undergraduate Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE) abstract submission page is now directly linked to the ValpoScholar website for publication! ValpoScholar serves as the central exchange for outstanding scholarship and creative work from faculty and students as well as University record and campus history. Your work will be stored here permanently, so you can provide the link to family, friends, and future employers to show them your work.
STEP ONE: When you click on the link below, you will be prompted to login to your existing account or create an account in ValpoScholar. You will need to provide your email address and a password.
STEP TWO: Once you have created an account, the link will take you directly to the abstract submission form for the Symposium on Undergraduate Research and Creative Expression. In addition to your abstract of 250 or fewer words, you will need to have the following information available:
- Title of project;
- Name(s) of the author(s);
- Primary contact name and email;
- Faculty sponsor name and email;
- Name of the college and department/program associated with the project;
- Biographical information about the author(s) — 75 or fewer words;
- Information on whether you will be displaying a tabletop poster (tri-fold presentation board) or wall poster (printed on a large-scale printer), or if you will be making an oral presentation (NOTE: for SOURCE 2021 all presentations will be oral);
- Primary file or link to your primary file for your poster or oral presentation (optional for SOURCE 2021).
STEP THREE: Once you have completed and uploaded the abstract submission form and all attachments, your form will go directly to the faculty adviser you have listed for review.
STEP FOUR: Once your faculty adviser has reviewed your submission, it will then be published in a permanent archive of Valpo work.
Click here to get started! The abstract submission deadline is Friday, March 26, 2021!
NOTE: There is no prejudging process for SOURCE. Once you have submitted an abstract, you are in! Please save the date of Thursday, April 29, 2021 on your calendar and plan to attend SOURCE to showcase your work. We will contact you prior to the event to communicate final event details.
If you have questions about the submission process, please contact Stan Zygmunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.