The Valparaiso University Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. The VITA program is sponsored by the IRS and uses certified volunteers to prepare basic tax returns and answer most tax-related issues you may have.
Tax assistance will be provided each Saturday from February 9 through April 6 at the Valparaiso University Law School, 656 S. Greenwich Street in the Student Lounge. Click here for directions to the Law School.
- Make less than $49,000 a year
- Have not received income from the sale of a home
- Have not received income from a business (income from dividends is allowed)
What We Offer:
- Free E-Filing for IRS Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ
- Free E-Filing for Indiana State Income Returns
- Free Preparation for non-Indiana Returns (these returns can not be E-Filed and must be mailed in)
What We Do Not Offer:
- Business returns of any kind, regardless of whether it is a C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, or Partnership
- Returns requiring a Schedule C
- Foreign Returns
- Complex returns
- Estate Planning of any kind
- Audit Help