The Valparaiso University Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. The VITA program is sponsored by the IRS and uses certified volunteers to prepare basic tax returns and answer most tax-related issues you may have.
Due to the closure of the University for weather reasons, the VITA program is cancelled for Saturday February 10, 2018. Tax assistance will be provided each Saturday from February 9 through April 6 at the Valparaiso University Law School, 656 S. Greenwich Street in the Student Lounge. Click here for directions to the Law School.
- Make less than $49,000 a year
- Have not received income from the sale of a home
- Have not received income from a business (income from dividends is allowed)
What We Offer:
- Free E-Filing for IRS Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ
- Free E-Filing for Indiana State Income Returns
- Free Preparation for non-Indiana Returns (these returns can not be E-Filed and must be mailed in)
What We Do Not Offer:
- Business returns of any kind, regardless of whether it is a C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, or Partnership
- Returns requiring a Schedule C
- Foreign Returns
- Complex returns
- Estate Planning of any kind
- Audit Help