M.A. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (1975)
B.S. Ohio State University (1970)
Attended Miami University (Oxford, OH) (1966-1968)
Courses Taught & Research Interests
Legal research, particularly legislative history and administrative regulations; federal and state government information
Articles & Publications
Anniversary Celebrations: A Golden Opportunity for Public Relations (Public Relations column), 8 AALL Spectrum 8 (July 2004)
AALL’s Strategic Plan: Putting Vision into Action, 7 AALL Spectrum (Members’ Briefing insert, at 1) (July 2003)
AALL at the Movies (Parental Guidance Advised), 7 AALL Spectrum 32 (October 2002)
Strategies for Implementing a Strategic Plan: Making Sure Your Plan Doesn’t End Up on the Shelf, 21 ALL-SIS Newsltr. (Spring 2002)
The Making of an AALL Professional Development Program (Professional Development Desktop Learning Opportunity series), 4 AALL Spectrum 10 (July 2000), with Mary Lu Linnane
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), Vice-President/President-Elect (2005-2006).
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), Member (1981-present).
- Academic Law Libraries SIS. Member (1990-present).
- Legal Information Service to the Public SIS. Member (1983-1991).
- Government Documents SIS. Member (1981-present).
- Publishing Initiatives Caucus. Chair (2004-2005), Founding Member (2004).
- Chicago Association of Law Libraries (CALL). Member (1983-present).
- Ohio Regional Association of Law Libraries (ORALL). Member (1982-present).
Related Professional Experience
As a member of the Law Library faculty, Sally Holterhoff teaches in the basic and advanced legal research courses. She also provides reference service, particularly for the Library’s depository collection of federal government information, and edits the Library’s newsletter, The Reporter. Outside the Law School, she is very active at the national level in professional activities for law librarians, serving as an Executive Board member for the American Association of Law Libraries for 2000-2003.