Valparaiso University Law School puts a great deal of focus on instilling a deep understanding of legal theory and translating it into practical, real-world lawyering. The Externship Program, started in 1985 with only two positions, has since grown to more than 200 approved offerings in over 150 discrete offices in which students can work as externs.
Students interested in pursuing an externship should contact Derrick Howard, Associate Director for Experiential Learning, at Derrick.Howard@valpo.edu or by phone at 219-465-7864.
- Externship Registration – (PDF)
- Summer Externship Registration Form (PDF)
- Daily Activity Log – (PDF)
- Field Supervisor (Judicial) Mid-Semster Evaluation Progress Report – (PDF)
- Field Supervisor (Non-Judicial) Mid-Semester Evaluation Progress Report – (PDF)
- Field Supervisor Externship Guidelines – (PDF)
- Field Supervisor Final Evaluation – (PDF)
- Student Evaluation of Field and Faculty Supervisors – (PDF)
- New Externship Proposal – (PDF)