Application Instructions for International Students
An LL.M. is for international students who have obtained their J.D. from their respective country. International students who would like to obtain a J.D. to practice in the United States should refer to the instructions below as well as: http://www.valpo.edu/law/prospective-students/p-applying-to-valparaiso/jd-application-information. For the LL.M. Program, it is recommended that we receive your completed application with supporting documents three months prior to the term in which you want to enroll. For the J.D. Program, the application deadline is April 1. When your file is complete, it will be submitted to the Admissions Committee for review and a decision will be made in approximately 6-8 weeks. There is no application fee.
The following documents are required:
- Completed LL.M. or J.D. application. Email LL.M. application request to firstname.lastname@example.org or go online for the J.D. Law School application.
- All supporting documentation. Personal statement, resume/CV, 2 letters of recommendation, financial support guarantee documents, etc.
- Academic records. Certified copies of the original and English versions of all of your university academic records or transcripts (if we do not already have them).
- A copy of your passport (AND copies of passports of any dependants who will accompany you).
- Affidavit of Financial Support. The University is required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to determine that you have sufficient resources to cover all of your expenses while in the United States. Therefore, a notarized statement of financial support must be submitted, as well as supporting documents.
- Proof of Language Proficiency. Satisfactory completion of the INTERLINK English Language program, or minimum score of 95 (i-BT) on the TOEFL, or 7 on the IELTS, is generally required for admission.
Costs for 2013-2014
All international students must make their own arrangements for financing their expenses at Valparaiso University Law School before they arrive in the United States. An estimate of expenses for two semesters follows (it does not include times that law school is not in session):
|Tuition and fees:||
|Estimated Living expenses:||
|Estimated Health Insurance:||
$51,012 U.S. Dollars
Valparaiso University requires that all international students enroll in a special insurance program (limit of $250,000 U.S. Dollars) in case there are major medical expenses. However, if you can document that you have comparable insurance coverage provided by your parents or sponsor, you need not enroll in the University program.
We look forward to receiving your completed application for admission. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions: