Continuing Education Non-Degree
Continuing Education provides a pathway for to take undergraduate courses for academic credit as a non-degree student. This is a great option if you just want to take a few courses at Valpo. Continuing Education Non-Degree students are eligible for a special Continuing Education tuition rate. Continuing Education is for purposes of personal enrichment only. Current students at other colleges seeking to transfer the credit back in to a degree program should see our visiting student process.
View Available Courses
You can view the upcoming course schedule on DataVU.
- Go to https://datavu.valpo.edu
- Select the Prospective Students option.
- Select Search for Sections.
- Select the Term, and if you like, narrow your search using the available menus.
- Select Submit and the available course offerings will be presented.
- You can view any pre-requisites by selecting the link for a section under Section Name and Title.
Admission as a Continuing Education Non-Degree student does not guarantee space in a given course. Students must satisfy any pre-requisites before being registered for a course. Students currently enrolled in a Valparaiso University degree program may not simultaneously enroll as a non-degree student through Continuing Education. Non-degree students enrolled through Continuing Education may not enroll for more than 9 credits per semester. Non-degree students may not directly matriculate to a degree program; students wishing to seek an undergraduate degree must apply as a degree seeking student through Office of Undergraduate Admission.
Criteria for Admission
Application to non-degree student status is made through the Office of Continuing Education. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and must provide an official high school transcript or equivalent and unofficial transcripts from any college coursework. Students who are homeschooled are encouraged to contact the Office of Continuing Education for specific requirements. ACT/SAT scores are not required. The final decision for admission rests with the Office of Continuing Education, based on the student’s ability to benefit from the program.
- Complete the online application and please submit the following:
- Submit $30 application fee
- Official copies of your high school transcript or GED
- Official transcripts of all college coursework must be submitted to Continuing Education
- Summer – May 1
- Fall – August 1
- Spring – January 1
Tuition and Fees
Continuing Education Non-Degree Students are eligible to receive the Continuing Education tuition rate. Learn more about Valparaiso University Tuition and Fees.
- Tuition: $530 per credit (2022-2023 Academic Year)
- Part-Time Undergraduate General Fee: $140 per semester (2022-2023 Academic Year)
- Financial Aid is not available for Continuing Education Non-Degree students.