Valparaiso University is an hour southeast of Chicago and 2.5 hours north of Indianapolis.
- Exit at US-30 East in Merrillville.
- Proceed approximately 12 miles east to Valparaiso.
- You will see the US-30 entrance to the University on the left (on the north side of US-30), leading towards the Chapel.
- You may also continue past this entrance and then turn left at the Sturdy Road stoplight at the edge of campus (If you drive past Wal-Mart, you have gone too far). The Torch entrance to the University is 100 yards on the left.
- Exit at IN-49 South in Chesterton.
- Proceed approximately 8 miles south to Valparaiso, then exit onto US-30 West.
- After passing through the second stoplight, you will see the entrance to campus on your right..
* Please allow yourself additional traveling time when driving on 80/94 from Chicago due to road construction. For real-time traffic updates, check out www.trafficwise.in.gov
- Take I-294 South (Tri-State Tollway) to I-80/90 East, towards Indiana.
- When I-80 and I-94 split, you can take either highway, I-80 joins I-90 and is a toll road while I-94 remains toll free.
- In Chesterton, take the Indiana 49-South exit to US-30 West.
- After passing through the second stoplight, you will see the entrance to campus on your right.
* From Midway, take Cicero Avenue south to I-294.