Valparaiso University is an hour southeast of Chicago and 2.5 hours north of Indianapolis.
- Exit at US-30 East in Merrillville.
- Proceed approximately 12 miles east to Valparaiso.
- You will see the US-30 entrance to the University on the left (on the north side of US-30), leading towards the Chapel.
- You may also continue past this entrance and then turn left at the Sturdy Road stoplight at the edge of campus (If you drive past Walmart, you have gone too far). The entrance to the University is 100 yards on the left.
- Exit at IN-49 South in Chesterton.
- Proceed approximately 8 miles south to Valparaiso, then exit onto US-30 West.
- After passing through the second stoplight, you will see the entrance to campus on your right..
* Please allow yourself additional traveling time when driving on 80/94 from Chicago due to road construction. For real-time traffic updates, check out www.trafficwise.in.gov
- Take I-294 South (Tri-State Tollway) to I-80/90 East, towards Indiana.
- When I-80 and I-94 split, you can take either highway, I-80 joins I-90 and is a toll road while I-94 remains toll free.
- In Chesterton, take the Indiana 49-South exit to US-30 West.
- After passing through the second stoplight, you will see the entrance to campus on your right.
* From Midway, take Cicero Avenue south to I-294.