Welcome Week is the second part of Valparaiso University’s orientation program for new first-year and transfer students. Get to know each other, get to know campus better, learn about academic and social expectations, and have fun!
Welcome Week 2020 begins Wednesday, August 12 – move-in day for new students living on campus. Activities begin that evening for first-year and transfer, residential and commuter students alike. Commuters should plan to be on campus for Welcome Week activities Thursday-Sunday, August 13-16 with your residential peers. Events are held throughout the first week and a half for residential, commuter, and transfer students.
Join Valpo’s Online Bulletin Boards
For Parents/Guardians and Other Supporters
Event highlights for Welcome Week include:
- Social gatherings and entertainment
- Academic and Community Expectations meetings
- Commuter student gatherings
- Transfer student gatherings
- Residence hall meetings and gatherings
- Worship services
- Multicultural events
- Opening Convocation
- Rock the ARC recreation night and so much more!