Mental Health Resources
A series of self-help brochures on a variety of topics of interest to students. These brochures include general information as well as helpful tips on dealing with the issue addressed. Some brochures have also been translated into other languages.
Resources to help you or your parents navigate your first year of college.
Five Quick Ways to Manage Your Stress During COVID
Five quick, action-oriented things you can do to help manage excessive stress during COVID-19 and the science behind them.
Resources to help you get the sleep you need to feel good and succeed academically
Information to help you with mental health related issues; also includes a self-evaluation.
Surviving Stress & Anxiety in College and Beyond
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Crisis Text Line is a 24/7 service offered for FREE. Those in need simply send a text (such as “help”) to 741-741.
The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth)
College Suicide Prevention
A Valuable Resource Guide on Emergency Assistance, Warning Signs & Prevention of Suicide in College Students
Relaxation/Guided Meditation Media Files
- TAO Connect – Coping through Coronavirus
- Georgia Southern University Online Relaxation Resources & Audio
- Mindfulness Solution Media Files
- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Iowa State Relaxation & Self-Help Resources
- University of Michigan Progressive Muscle Relaxation Video
- TAO Connect – Ten Deep Breaths
Resources for Coping and Combating Racism and Discrimination.
- Coping with race-related stress https://counselingcenter.illinois.edu/brochures/coping-race-related-stress
- Strategies and Activities for Reducing Racial Prejudice and Racism https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/culture/cultural-competence/reduce-prejudice-racism/main
- Strategies for Reducing Racial and Ethnic Prejudice: Essential Principles https://www.tolerance.org/professional-development/strategies-for-reducing-racial-and-ethnic-prejudice-essential-principles
- Suggested relaxation playlists on Spotify include: Deep House Relax, Calm Down, A Beautiful Mellow Mindset, Digster Sleep, Cool Calm & Collected, Peaceful Piano, Mellow Beats, Atmospheric Calm, A Soft Jazz Backdrop, Musical Therapy, Zen Focus, Inner Peace, and Soothing Symphonics. Additionally, you can search under genres of Mood, Focus, or Sleep.
- Suggested relaxation playlists in Pandora include: Serenity Radio, Ocean Waves for Deep Sleep, Relaxation, and Solo Piano.