The Core curriculum and its faculty will guide you in…
- Discovering where you come from, where you are, and where you are going.
- Exploring essential aspects of human life.
- Connecting and exchanging ideas with great teachers and great texts drawn from both Eastern and Western traditions.
- Engaging in cultures and traditions other than your own.
- Making connections with classmates.
- Developing the necessary skills to thrive in your studies.
- Managing information as you connect to the scholarly world through our library and electronic information services.
What are the best things about Core?
- The committed and skilled faculty
- The chance to meet a diverse set of students, many of whom will become your close friends
- Thought-provoking texts
- Great films
- Excellent discussions about real issues and the real world with real people
- Learning how to read, write, and discuss issues at the college level
How can I succeed in Core?
- Go to class every day and come with a question.
- Be brave: try new things, open every book as if it is the one that will change your life.
- Take yourself and your classmates seriously: most people only get one shot at a college education, so make the most of that shot.
- Listen to others and enjoy what happens inside and outside of the classroom, because these things are related.
- Be open to new perspectives from people of diverse backgrounds.