Graduate Application Process
Valpo’s graduate admission process is as easy and busy-student-focused as our flexible, affordable, career-focused grad programs themselves. Here’s what you need to know:
Graduate Admission Qualifications
To qualify for admission into one of Valpo’s doctoral, master’s, or post-baccalaureate certificate programs, you must:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Earn a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Submit all required documents for domestic or international citizenship (see below)
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
To apply to one of Valpo’s graduate programs, U.S. citizens and permanent residents must submit:
- Valpo’s graduate application. Returning students who have missed two consecutive semesters must complete Valpo’s Re-admission Application.
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to the application portal during the admission process. All official transcripts must be submitted prior to the start of classes.
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers.
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development. This can be 1–2 pages and should speak directly to the graduate program of interest.
- A $30 application fee.
Graduate Studies strongly recommends uploading all application requirements to your application portal. Submit questions about your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Graduate Students
International graduate studies applicants have additional steps to complete and forms to submit. Please see Applying as an International Graduate Student.
Please contact the Graduate Studies Admission team:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 219.464.5313
We’re here to help. Just contact us and our graduate admissions specialists will respond to you with the information you need.