Building community and deepening understanding.
Chemistry students participate in a number of academically oriented student organizations that provide opportunities for service, community-building, and the application of classroom knowledge.
The Chemistry Club at Valparaiso University is a student organization focused on enhancing the overall experience of chemistry students.
Academically oriented activities benefit Valpo students and the wider community. They include:
- Performing chemical demonstrations in local elementary school classrooms
- Purchasing and distributing course study guides and laboratory safety supplies to students
- Organizing trips to visit regional graduate schools
Social activities bring some fun into the academic life and help build relationships among students and faculty. They include:
- The Regressive Dinner
- Mole Day Party
- Center for the Sciences All-Nighter
Advisor: Christopher Iceman, Ph.D.
Pre-Med Club is open to students from any major who are interested in medicine and public health regardless of major. Members have many opportunities to have fun, serve the community, and learn more about allied health professions. Pre-Med Club events include:
- Job shadowing
- Local volunteer work
- Medical missions
- Socializing with fellow students
- Visits to professional schools
Advisor: Laura Rowe, Ph.D.