Please be on the look-out for our series of pre-arrival e-mails. These 4 to 5 emails are sent to new international students over the final 2 months before their arrival. Once you receive them, make sure you complete the mandatory iValpo pre-arrival checklist and FOCUS registration. In particular, check our orientation webpage for the required orientation dates specific to the semester that you are planning to arrive at Valpo.
You have several options for housing on campus. (Please remember that only some of the dormitories stay open during holiday breaks, so you may need to move during breaks if you stay on-campus.) Please see the pricing below for each dormitory. If you have any questions about housing, you can email the following address: email@example.com.
If you are coming from Hochschule fur Kirchenmusik, Hochschule Reutlingen, Universitaet Tuebingen, UDLAP, La Rochelle Business School, Cergy Pontoise, or Compiegne, your exchange agreement pays for your tuition and general fee. You are responsible for paying for your housing, meal plan, and living expenses.
If you are coming from Kansai Gaidai, your exchange agreement pays for your tuition, general fee, room, and meal plan. You are responsible for paying your living expenses.
If you are coming from any other university on an exchange program, you are responsible for all expenses: tuition, general fee, housing, meal plan, and living expenses.
List of Fees
Undergraduate Tuition & General Fee:
$23,294 per semester
- Alumni/Lankenau Hall Dormitories: $4,058 per semester
- Brandt Hall Dormitory: $4,235 per semester
- Guild/Memorial/Wehrenberg Hall Dormitories: $4,526 per semester
- Kade-Duesenberg German House Dormitory: $4,526 per semester
- Beacon Hall Dormitory: $5,562 per semester
$2,400-2,800 per semester
- You may choose to purchase the VU Health Insurance plan (approximately $150-175 per month), OR
- If you choose to buy your own insurance, it must meet the following standards (source):
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
International Orientation Fee:
$50 mandatory fee
Classes & Scheduling
We know you are eager to select the classes that you will take at Valpo! To begin searching for classes that interest you, visit DataVU and follow these steps:
- Click on the orange “prospective students” tab
- Click on “search for sections”
- To find available classes, enter “(2021) Fall Semester – U/G” as the term, and select a subject
- You can also search by Fall Mini 1 or 2, or days of the week you would like to take classes
Your academic advisor will contact you prior to your arrival at Valpo about which classes you are interested in, and then final registration for these classes will take place during FOCUS (undergraduate students) or Grad School Orientation (graduate students).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the above-mentioned details.
- Admitted Students
- Step 1 – Organize Pre-Arrival Immigration Details
- Step 1a – Have a Successful Visa Interview
- Step 2 – Health Insurance Information
- Step 3 – Find Housing in Valpo
- Step 4 – Travel to Valpo
- Step 5 – Attend New-Student Orientation
- Transferring to Valpo
- Exchange Students
- Program Deferrals