YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE
If you need help but aren’t sure where to go, the Dean of Students Office should be your first stop. Sometimes, students find us independently, and sometimes, they are referred here by faculty, staff, other students, or their parents. Whatever your reason for coming here, someone within the Dean of Students office can help.
I NEED HELP FORM
We know that sometimes students experience challenges that affect their ability to be successful at Valparaiso University. Completing the I Need Help form makes requesting help with an issue or concern easy, especially if you don’t know which office or department to contact.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY
Please be aware the I Need Help form is not monitored 24/7. If you have a life-threatening emergency, call VUPD at 219-464-5430.
WHO CAN SUBMIT THE I NEED HELP FORM?
Any Valpo student concerned about their safety or well-being or the safety or well-being of another student can submit the I Need Help form.
If you are a faculty or staff member looking to submit a concern about a student, please visit the Care & Concerns webpage.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE?
An I Need Help form can be submitted to get help with the following:
- Academic or administrative issues (advising, attendance, grades, financial aid concerns, changing your major)
- Personal issues (family or relationship conflict, friendship challenges, adjustment to Valpo)
- Health or wellness issues (absence notices, mental health concerns, substance abuse issues)
- Behavioral issues (sudden behavior change, conduct policy violations)
- Getting connected to existing support resources on campus