The faculty, staff and students of Valparaiso University thank you for your service to our country and are delighted to welcome you to our campus. Here you will find many resources from the campus and the community to assist you and support your needs. Take advantage of the resources below and let us know how we can help you have the best university experience possible.
Mission: To help our active duty and reserve military personnel, military veterans and dependents graduate from college quickly and successfully.
Valparaiso University is proudly committed to the success of our veterans:
The Valparaiso University Veteran Student Services focuses on the needs of our active duty, reserve, veteran and dependent communities. Under development, it is envisioned as a “one-stop shop” for military and veteran admissions, advising, registration, financial aid, and counseling. It is a resource for veterans in regard to academic, personal, and social needs and a vehicle by which veterans can connect to the University and to each other.
Valparaiso University Veterans Certification
Veterans’ educational certification is provided at the Office of Financial Aid in Kretzmann Hall. Certification may be requested in person during the regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday. It may also be requested by mail or fax. If you have additional questions on certification, please contact Lindsey Mooneyhan at email@example.com.
Your Campus Veterans Community
- Student Veterans Mentor Program
- Alumni Veteran Mentor Program
- Campus Veteran Community
- Valparaiso University Military Veterans Law Association
- Facebook page
- Help A Vet Get A Pet Facebook Page
- EMERGENCY: Valparaiso University Counseling or 219.464.5002 (Daytime: 219.464.5002, Evening between 5:00 – 7:30 pm: 219.531.3500)
- Valparaiso University Police Dept: 219.464.5430 or 911 (on campus phones)
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1.800.273.8255 (press 1), veteranscrisisline.net or text 838255