Academic Centers


Documentation Required to Utilize The Access and Accommodation Resource Center

Determination of a student’s eligibility for requested accommodations is based on the following: 

  • Information obtained during a mandatory “intake” meeting with an AARC staff member.  During this meeting staff will get to known the student, discuss their specific barriers, and discuss potential accommodations. 
  • If available and/ or deemed necessary for accommodation approval documentation provided by a medical provider  (doctor, therapist, psychologist, etc), that states student’s diagnosis, symptoms, and the diagnosis’ effect on one or more major life activities 

For ease, students may opt to provide their provider with our Provider Verification of Disability Form, or the provider may provide their own document which must include:

  • Diagnosis (has been evaluated within the last 5 years)
  • Symptoms and/or presentations of diagnosis and major life activities effected
  • Expected incapacitation time frame (if temporary condition)
  • Provider Contact Information and Credentials

*Note that while medical documentation is not necessarily mandatory, the AARC reserves the right to request more information as needed when making a determination on accommodations. The AARC reserves the right to withhold accommodation approval as necessary until receiving all pertinent information.

IEP’s/ 504 plans

Although accommodations from and Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan may not transfer directly from the K-12 setting, these documents can suffice as appropriate documentation for the AARC.