The College of Nursing and Health Professions admits registered nurses who want to earn a baccalaureate degree to enhance their career mobility.
- Experience a program specifically designed to meet the needs of working nurses.
- Obtain individualized assistance identifying prerequisites and applying for the program.
- Complete prerequisites prior to starting Valpo RN-BSN Cohort.
- Move through the 18-month, 30- credit program with the support of peers in your cohort.
- Enjoy the increased flexibility of the hybrid format – a mixture of traditional face to face classes and online coursework.
18-month Plan of Study
|NUR 275 Transition to Professional Nursing||4 cr|
|NUR 418 Global Health Issues||3 cr|
|NUR 470 Management & Leadership Strategies for Prof Nurse||3 cr|
|NUR 415 Intro Nursing Research for EBP||3 cr|
|Elective course||3 cr|
|NUR 460 Public Health Nursing||5 cr|
|NUR 490 Senior topics course||3 cr|
|Total Credits||30 cr|
The following courses must be completed prior to starting the RN-BSN Completion Program:
|General Chemistry with lab||4 cr|
|Anatomy and Physiology I with lab||4 cr|
|Anatomy and Physiology II with lab||4 cr|
|Microbiology with lab||4 cr|
|English Composition||3 cr|
|Philosophy or history||3 cr|
|Humanities course||3 cr|
|General Psychology||3 cr|
|Lifespan Psychology||3 cr|
In addition to the above courses, the student will need elective credits to bring a total number of transfer credits to 48 credits.
Previously Earned Nursing Credit
After successful completion of 6 nursing credits at Valpo with a GPA of 2.5 or above, the following 47 undergraduate nursing credits will be awarded.
Nursing credit awarded:
|Health Assessment||3 cr|
|Therapeutic Interventions||4 cr|
|Intro Com-Based Nursing||3 cr|
|Nursing Care of Childbearing||5 cr|
|Psychiatric Mental Health||5 cr|
|Gerontological Nursing||3 cr|
|Nursing Care of Adults I||5 cr|
|Nursing Care of Adults II||5 cr|
|Nursing Care of Childrearing Family||5 cr|
|Complex Health Care Adults||4 cr|
|Prof Role Practicum||5 cr|