Twelve students from the mathematics and statistics department were recognized for their academic, cocurricular, and extracurricular achievements at the annual Mathematics and Statistics awards dinner on Sunday, April 28.
The honorees include:
- Nicky Lewandowski – Arthur Hallerberg scholarship
- Thomas Shomer – Martin Mundt scholarship
- Michael Bukata – Harold and Elizabeth Denig scholarship
- Jacob Roth – Kermit Carlson scholarship
- Tina Kalafatis, Ryan Kulwicki, and Jon Metcalfe – Sigma award
- Emma Chelsvig, Daniel Herschel, and Kimberly Orr – D.A.S.H. (Data Science, Actuarial Science, and Statistics Honors) award
- Jonathan Bayert – Howard Hughes prize
- Brooke LeFevre – Nancy and Robert Nagel award
More information about each of these scholarships can be found at valpo.edu/mathematics-statistics/apply/scholarships-and-awards.