About Our Programs
Students use the following major pieces of equipment in the laboratory portions of the courses. What sets Valparaiso University apart from other colleges and universities is not that this equipment is on campus, but that beginning undergraduate students actually have the opportunity to use it.
- Scanning electron microscope
- Wide-field stereo fluorescence microscope
- Diode array UV/visible spectrometer
- Lab computer cluster for data analysis
- FT-IR (Fourier transform infrared spectrometer)
- 200 MHz FT-NMR (Fourier transform nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer)
- GC/MS (gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer)
- Silicon Graphics workstation for molecular modeling
- Automated Protein Purification System
- Microtiter Plate Reader
- Real Time PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- Lab computer cluster for data acquisition and analysis
Charles W. Wolf Award
The Charles W. Wolf Award is presented annually to the most outstanding pre-medical arts junior who is majoring in either chemistry or biochemistry.