STOP! DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?
- Getting vaccinated for seasonal flu is the best prevention strategy.
All Valparaiso University students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive a flu shot at the University Health Center.
As always, no appointment is necessary. The cost is $20.00.
“Influenza (the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness”
- SORE THROAT
- BODY ACHES
PREVENT THE SPREAD:
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Practice respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Use antibacterial wipes to frequently clean work area surfaces.
- If you happen to get the flu, isolate yourself from other people as much as possible until you are fever free for at least 24 hours.