State Immunization Requirements
Valparaiso University is committed to maintaining a healthy campus community and part of that initiative begins at admission. Immunizations currently required are those mandated by Indiana State Law (IC 21-40-5).
Current Immunizations/Testing Requirements for Students:
- All students must have two (2) doses of MMR.
- The first dose must be given after 12 months of age.
- The second dose must be given at least 28 days after the first.
- The MMR immunization is available at the Health Center.
- All incoming students will need a Tdap within the last 10 years.
- The Tdap is available at the Health Center.
- One dose required on or after the 16th birthday.
- The MenACWY is available at the Health Center.
- Only students 23 years or younger
- Once a type of MenB series is started the same series needs to be continued.
- Both Bexsero and Trumenba are available at the Health Center.
- TB questionnaire and the health form will be sent through the patient portal.
- College of Nursing and Healthcare Profession students are required to have an annual TB skin test unless a positive reactor to the PPD.
- If you have had a positive TB skin test, you must have proof of a negative chest x-ray.
- The TB blood test, Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA), is available at the Health Center.
JULY for Fall Semester and DECEMBER for Spring/Summer Semester
All required immunization records are to be uploaded into MedProctor.com
If you are having problems email email@example.com
Helpful instructions click here
- Is available annually, typically after September at the Health Center.
- Two dose primary series.
- PLUS a BOOSTER dose 2 months after your COVID vaccine.
- Schedule your COVID-19 vaccine on vaccines.gov
All vaccines listed above are available at the Health Center.
Send questions to the Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that certain vaccines are recommended for adults and adolescents?
Take this quiz to find out which vaccines you may need. This quiz provides information for people age 11 years and older.
Valparaiso University Health Center
Promenade East Building
55 University Drive, Suite 102
Valparaiso, IN 46383
**Please do not email if you need immediate assistance** Call 219.464.5060 during business hours to schedule an appointment.