Immunization Requirements & Information
Valparaiso University is committed to maintaining a healthy campus community and part of that initiative begins at admission. Immunizations currently required are those mandated by the Indiana State Law (IC 21-40-5).
Current Immunizations/Testing requirements for students:
- All students must have two (2) doses of MMR.
- The first dose must be given after 12 months of age.
- The second dose must be given at least 28 days after the first.
- The MMR immunization is available at the Health Center.
- Only students 23 years or younger
- Once a type of MenB series is started the same series needs to be continued.
- Both Bexsero and Trumenba are available at the Health Center.
- TB questionnaire within the Health Form is to be completed.
- College of Nursing students is required to have an annual TB skin test unless a positive reactor to the PPD.
- If you have had a positive TB skin test, you must have proof of a negative chest x-ray.
- The TB skin test (PPD) and the blood test, Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA), are available at the Health Center.
- Three doses are required of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID Vaccine. Two doses are required of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- A mix and match approach will be accepted.
All vaccines listed above are available at the Health Center.
Valparaiso University Health Center
Promenade East Building
55 University Drive, Suite 102
Valparaiso, IN 46383
**Please do not email if you need immediate assistance**
Call 219.464.5060 during business hours to schedule an appointment.