About Vice President Darron C. Farha
Vice President Darron C. Farha is Valparaiso University’s first General Counsel, joining the University in November of 2009. Prior to joining Valpo, Farha was General Counsel for Pittsburg (Kansas) State University and an associate attorney with the law firm Wheeler & Mitchelson in Pittsburg, Kansas. His areas of practice were in commercial law, civil litigation, corporate law, employment law, taxation, and real estate law.
Farha is licensed to practice law in Indiana and the U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana and holds memberships with the Indiana State Bar Association, Porter County Bar Association, and the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA). Farha also serves on the NACUA board of directors and currently serves on its Finance and Audit Committee and its subcommittee on investments.
Farha earned a bachelor of business administration from Pittsburg State University, a master of business administration from Washburn University, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas.
Vice President and General Counsel Darron C. Farha works closely with the president, Board of Directors, and University administrators on law-related and policymaking issues affecting the institution. In addition to providing legal advice and representation to the University through its board members and administrators, Farha has supervisory responsibilities over compliance, risk management, and the University Police Department.
- Serve as a member on the University President’s Cabinet and Council.
- Serve as secretary for The Lutheran University Association, Inc., d/b/a Valparaiso University.
- Draft, review, edit, and maintain University policies and procedures.
- Serve as legal counsel for The Lutheran University Association, Inc.
- Investigate and aid in the resolution of grievances and complaints.
- Manage and assist with litigation brought against the University.
- Represent the University in administrative matters filed with regulatory agencies.
- Draft, edit, and negotiate contracts on behalf of the University.
- Manage legal matters handled by outside legal counsel.
Our office gives legal advice to the University by and through its administration. The relevant vice president, dean, director, or any superiors should be made aware of any issue before it is brought directly to our office and our office may disclose any issues or communications with a University employee to the relevant administrator or administrators.
OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL
Kretzmann Hall, Room 134
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
Darron C. Farha, J.D.
Vice President and General Counsel