About The Office of Global Education
Facts & Figures
Valparaiso University sponsors more than 25 semester and year-long programs throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Africa, with a number of short-term, faculty-led programs running over recess periods.
- 3 Valpo Study Centers (England, Germany, and Costa Rica)
- 3 International Engineering Programs (Germany, France, and Spain) and 1 Enhanced International Business Program (Germany)
- Exchange/direct enroll programs
- Affiliate/cooperative programs
- Short-term, faculty-led programs over winter break, spring break, and summer
Valparaiso University is a member of:
- Institute of International Education
- Forum on Education Abroad
- NAFSA – Association of International Educators
- Diversity Abroad Network
- Valpo Global Education has been helping students study abroad for over 50 years, with the first students studying abroad in 1968.
- Each year, approximately 200-250 students study abroad in a year-long, semester, summer, or spring break program.
- About 30% of undergraduates study abroad by graduation.
- About half of the semester and year-long programs include a supervised internship. Many more programs offer a service-learning component for community involvement.
Institute of International Education. (2013). “Institutions by Undergraduate Participation in Study Abroad, 2011/12.” Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange. Retrieved from http://www.iie.org/opendoors.
Awards & Initiatives
“In the past 10 years, 26 Valpo students and alumni have received prestigious Fulbright awards. Valparaiso University has achieved recognition from the United States Department of State as one of the colleges and universities that produced the most 2013-2014 Fulbright United States students. The Fulbright Program is the United States government’s flagship international educational exchange program.”
Read the full article on this exciting distinction here!