Faculty & Staff Travel Registration

The Office of Global Education offers support to anyone traveling under the umbrella of the university. In the event of an emergency, we lend assistance and support to all registered travelers, including faculty and staff members abroad.

Additionally, by registering your travel you will receive access to Valpo’s international health insurance coverage. Our plan is not considered comprehensive travel insurance, and is meant to supplement, not replace, travelers’ regular insurance plans.

The link below will take you to VIA’s landing page. Login using your Valpo credentials and click VIA Travel from the options at the top of the page.

Traveling with students?

It is important for all students traveling outside of the United States under the umbrella of the University to be registered with the Office of Global Education. Faculty members taking students abroad must submit proposals using either the Faculty-Led Program Proposal for structured, academic travel courses or the International Independent Outbound Proposal Form. The faculty member’s Department Chair, Dean will provide their signature approval. The Director of Study Abroad Programs will review and share with the Provost’s Office for final review and decision.

Proposals must be submitted well in advance, per the deadlines on the forms, to ensure appropriate time to review and secure approval. Programs must be approved prior to recruiting students to participate.

Additionally, participants will be required to register with the Office of Global Education. The registration process will provide information about international health insurance, collect important information about their travel, as well as essential information like passport details, and emergency contact information to ensure the group’s time abroad is as safe and enjoyable as possible.

Please reach out to Global Education with any questions. We’re happy to help!