It is important for students to understand that the idea of vocation is not exclusive to people pursuing work in ministry or the nonprofit sector. For that reason, we endeavor to bring in a roster of speakers who, each semester, demonstrate the depth and breadth of what leadership and service can look like beyond the walls of Valparaiso University.
Including Cristal Brisco, Sandra Alboum, Evva Kraikul and Kat Chow.
Including Robert Egger, Beverly Schulz, Nate Larson and Rozella Haydèe White.
Including Dr. Tim Clydesdale, Deb Fisher, Dr. Janice Phillips, Hannah Cartwright, Amy Sample Ward and Rev. Eugene Cho. If you missed one of these phenomenal talks (or were there and now want to share with someone else) check out the playlist below.
Including Chuck Marohn, Jason Kunesh, Dr. Kurt Senske, Gwen Jimmere, Leymah Gbowee and Tezra Osthus. If you enjoyed one (or more!) of the speakers from this semester, we encourage you to keep the conversation going by checking out the reading list inspired by their talks.
Including Stuart Diamond, Anna DeLuna, Jim Walker, Derrick Feldmann, Dr. James Clarke and Lowell Baier.
Other previous speakers include:
- Carolyn Woo, president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services
- Matt Kramer, co-CEO of Teach for America
- Larry James, community organizer and Founder of CitySquare
- David King, Director of the Lake Institute on Faith and Giving
- Mike Del Ponte, social entrepreneur and founder of SOMA Water
- Catherine Deamant, Director of Palliative Care Services for Cook County Hospital
- Andy Nunemaker ’91, philanthropist and CEO of Dynamis Software Corporation
- Pamela Hack ’84, Foreign Service Officer & Chief, U.S. Consulate, General in Amsterdam, the Netherlands