Permutation Patterns 2020 will be held on the campus of Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana.
For those driving, Valparaiso is located conveniently near interstates I-65, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
For those flying, the most convenient airports are Chicago O’Hare (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW).
The following public transportation options are available to get from the Chicago airports to Valparaiso:
Pro: Less complicated
Con: More expensive
Note: Requires coordinating with local organizers
- Take the Coach USA airport SuperSaver bus from either Chicago airport to the Portage station: https://www.airportsupersaver.com/ (cost is $29 one way, or $50 round trip if you pay in advance)
- Note: Portage is about a 25 minute drive from Valparaiso, so you’ll need to coordinate with someone local to use this option. Local organizers will coordinate rides from Portage to Valparaiso once we know how many people plan to use this option.
Pro: Less expensive, more independence
Con: More complicated
- Take an “L” train from the airport to Millennium Station. (From O’Hare take the blue line, or from Midway take the orange line) https://www.transitchicago.com/planatrip/ (cost ≤ $5)
- Transfer to the South Shore Train: https://www.mysouthshoreline.com/apis/trip-planner and get off at Dune Park Station (cost $9 one way)
- Transfer to the South Shore Connect bus: https://www.ci.valparaiso.in.us/1657/Schedule (cost $1 each way)
- Get off at the University and LaPorte stop.
- If you are staying on-campus, Beacon Hall is located at the University and LaPorte intersection.
(See building 26 on this map.)
If you are staying off-campus, Country Inn and Suites is a short walk east on LaPorte, and is located at the southeast end of the traffic circle in the top right corner of the campus map.