Steps to hiring an independent contractor:
1) Department plans to hire an independent contractor.
2) Department must send out the Independent Contractor Agreement (PDF).
3) Department must enter a Datatel purchase requisition.
4) Independent contractor must sign and send the agreement to the Procurement office (required before work begins).
5) If this is the first time the individual has been hired, the Procurement office will send the New Vendor forms and a blank IRS form W-9 (PDF) to the independent contractor to complete and return. This is required to establish a Datatel vendor file.
6) When the Procurement office receives the required documents listed above, a purchase order will be issued and invoices may be sent to Accounts Payable in the Finance office.