Operators of vehicles on Valparaiso University campus are subject to State of Indiana traffic laws.
- The speed limit on campus is 20 miles per hour, whether posted or not.
- Seatbelts must be worn by all occupants at all times.
- Pedestrians have the right of way.
- Campus roadways are a combination of two-way and one-way streets.
- The University reserves the right to temporarily close any parking facility, revise traffic and parking regulations and make alterations in regulations for special events.
- When possible, advance notice of changes will be provided.
- If a vehicle is having a maintenance problem, immediately seek assistance moving it to a legal parking area and notify VUPD.
- Operators of vehicles who enter barricaded areas are subject to citations and/or having their vehicle towed and impounded at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles that appear to be abandoned on campus will be towed, impounded and disposed of.