Valparaiso University was purchased in 1925 by the Lutheran University Association, a group of individuals committed to the education of young people in the Lutheran tradition of scholarship, freedom, and faith. Thus began Valpo’s ongoing commitment to establish and maintain positive relationships with churches and schools, their pastors, and their members as well as many other organizations within the Lutheran community.

As the university has grown in years, so has the role of Valparaiso University’s Church Relations office.

Those helping to chart the course have included:

  • Rev. Edmund Weber
  • Rev. William Wessler
  • Rev. Luther Koepke
  • Rev. Karl Lutze
  • Rev. Chuck Werth
  • Dr. William Karpenko
  • Rev. Luke Bouman
Print Friendly