Transfer to Valpo
Transfer to Valpo
Every year, Valpo eagerly welcomes approximately 200 transfer students. In fact, roughly 30% of our students enter as transfers. They come for our career-focused programs, our student-focused faculty, and our inclusive, supportive community, and they graduate ready to launch rewarding lives. Ready to be one of them?
We’ve made the transfer college application process as seamless and stress-free as possible. To start your journey, learn about our transfer admissions.
Transfer your potential
“A few things carried over really well from Valpo to here. One of the most obvious is the focus on critical thinking. That was kind of the thesis for my education at Valpo — teaching me how to be a critical thinker.”
Transfer Student FAQ
We will need all official transcripts from all of your colleges that you have attended. If you have completed less than 15 credits at a college or university, we will also need your official High School transcript.
- Absolutely. Transfer students are eligible for scholarships based on previous college work. Scholarship amounts vary depending on the cumulative grade point average at the previous institution(s) and range from $20,000 to $25,000.
- Phi Theta Kappa members are also eligible for a scholarship of $4,000 in addition to the transfer scholarship.
- Students with a previous bachelor’s degree may be eligible for a $20,000 scholarship (available fall and spring semesters only). Valpo also offers an Associates Degree Completion Scholarship of $4,000.
- Transfer students also may be eligible for the Alumni Heritage Scholarship and the Martin Luther Award. See the following links for more information:
- Depending on your family’s financial circumstances, you may be eligible for need-based grants and loans that make your Valpo education even more affordable. Learn More About Financial Aid
Reach Out to Our Transfer Admissions Counselors
Jordan Dubberke and Melissa Rogers are Valpo’s dedicated transfer admission counselors. Feel free to contact them by:
We’re here to help. Just contact us. We’ll respond quickly, and we won’t share or sell your information, or send a bunch of emails (unless you want us to).