Georges El-Howayek, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Gellersen Hall, Room 109
B.E. Electrical Engineering (with minor in Mathematics) – Lebanese American University
M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering – University of New Mexico
Ph.D. – University of New Mexico
- Introduction to Engineering
- Linear Circuit Theory I/II Laboratory
- Signals and Systems
- Probability and Statistics for Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Digital Communication Systems
- Communication Systems
- Communication theory
- Wireless communication
- Cognitive radio
- Game theory
- Optical communication
- Signal processing and stochastic process
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Photonics Society
- El-Howayek, C. Zhang, Y. Li, J. S. Ng, J. P. R. David and M. M. Hayat, “On the use of gaussian approximation in analyzing the performance of optical receivers,” IEEE Photonics Journal, vol.6, no.1, pp.1-8, Feb. 2014.
- Bkassiny, Y. Li, G. El-Howayek, S. K. Jayaweera, and C. G. Christodoulou, “Spectrum sensing methods and RF architectures for cognitive radios”, Journal of Recent Patents on Computer Science, Special Issue on Recent Advances in Cognitive Radio Communications, Bentham Science Publishers Ltd., vol.5, no.2, pp.83-92, Aug. 2012.
- Tawk, M. Bkassiny, G. El-Howayek, S. K. Jayaweera, K. Avery and C. G. Christodoulou, “Reconfigurable Front-End Antennas for Cognitive Radio Applications”,IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol.5, no.8, pp.985-992, June 2011.
- El-Howayekand S. K. Jayaweera, “Distributed dynamic spectrum leasing (D-DSL) for spectrum sharing over multiple primary channels”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Commun., vol.10, no.1, pp.55-60, Jan. 2011.
- Hakim, S. K. Jayaweera, G. El-Howayekand C. Mosquera, “Efficient dynamic spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks: Centralized dynamic spectrum leasing (C-DSL)”, IEEE Transanctions on Wireless Commun., Sep. 2010.