The College of Nursing and Health Professions admits registered nurses who want to earn a baccalaureate degree to enhance their career mobility.
- Experience a program specifically designed to meet the needs of working nurses.
- Obtain individualized assistance identifying prerequisites and applying for the program.
- Fulfill prerequisites prior to starting at Valpo.
- Complete this 30-credit program in only 16 months.
- Enjoy the increased flexibility of online coursework with the support of expert faculty.
18-month Plan of Study
|NUR 275 Transition to Professional Nursing||4 cr|
|NUR 415 Introduction to Nursing Research for Evidence Based Practice||4 cr|
|Healthcare Leadership or Public Health Option||3 cr|
|NUR 470 Management and Leadership Strategies for the Professional Nurse||5 cr|
|IPE 318 Global Health Issues||3 cr|
|NUR 460 Public Health Nursing||5 cr|
|PHS 460 Public Health Advocacy||3 cr|
|Total Credits||30 cr|
The following courses must be completed prior to starting the RN-BSN Completion Program:
|General Chemistry with lab||4 cr|
|Anatomy and Physiology I with lab||4 cr|
|Anatomy and Physiology II with lab||4 cr|
|Microbiology with lab||4 cr|
|English Composition||3 cr|
|Philosophy or History||3 cr|
|General Psychology||3 cr|
|Lifespan Psychology||3 cr|
In addition to the above courses, the student will need elective credits to bring a total number of transfer credits to 48 credits.
To Acknowledge Previously Earned Nursing Credit
On successful completion of NUR-275 with a GPA of 2.5 or above, 47 undergraduate nursing credits will be awarded.