Online Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT)
Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) Program Overview
The Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) degree at Valparaiso University is a 30-credit hour, 100% online post-professional OTD (DrOT) program. The program is designed to prepare graduates as innovators in occupational therapy through advanced skills in mentorship, education, evidence-based practice using knowledge translation, and advocacy and policy making in the broader world of healthcare.
Our online post-professional OTD program is being taught by widely recognized leaders in the field, who will provide you with the skills to operate as a top professional in the field. This program aims to develop advanced occupational therapy practitioners with a passion for lifelong learning and inter-professional collaboration.
The DrOT program now offers one accelerated track structured in a 100% online format designed with working professionals in mind.
- 30 credit hours
- 100% online
- Four Semesters and a Capstone
- Flexible program of study, completion in as few as 18 months
DROT APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants must meet the admission requirements and be admitted to Valparaiso University. Students applying to the post-professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) program must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Current state licensure as an occupational therapist in good standing.
- Current proof of registration with the NBCOT.
- Minimum of one-year work experience as an occupational therapist preferred
- Letter of intent explaining why the candidate is seeking this degree and goals for using this degree (two-page maximum)
Fall, spring, and summer starts with rolling admission review.
|Occupational Therapy Theories, Models, and Framework
|Educational Principles in Occupational Therapy
|Leadership in Healthcare
|Elective or Independent Study option
|Capstone Discovery and Design
Occupational Therapy Advances Knowledge and Careers
Classes in the occupational therapy program put the students’ schedules in perspective, allowing for online classes that provide live interactions with their instructors.