In order to request deferral of your original degree program start date, please contact one of the following admissions departments/counselors:
- Master’s students, the Graduate School at email@example.com
- Bachelor’s students, Undergrad Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact them, be sure to mention the semester you were originally admitted for, the reason you wish to defer, and the semester you wish to defer to.
Once the graduate or undergraduate admissions department at Valpo defers your program start date, the Office of International Programs will be notified and then will send you an updated I-20 with the new start date.
NOTE: Please be aware that you may be asked for a new financial document that is less than 1 year old at the time that your program deferral is processed.
- Admitted Students
- Step 1 – Organize Pre-Arrival Immigration Details
- Step 1a – Have a Successful Visa Interview
- Step 2 – Health Insurance Information
- Step 3 – Find Housing in Valpo
- Step 4 – Travel to Valpo
- Step 5 – Attend New-Student Orientation
- Transferring to Valpo
- Exchange Students
- Program Deferrals