Transferring to Valpo
Follow the steps below if you plan to transfer your F-1 immigration record to Valpo from another U.S. institution. This process allows Valparaiso University to access your records and issue you a “transfer pending” I-20 or DS-2019, and allows you to maintain legal status.
- Make sure to give a copy of your Valparaiso University admission letter to your current school’s international student advisor (also known as a Designated School Official or DSO), and request them to release your SEVIS I-20 record to Valpo before the upcoming semester starts. They will likely have a process which you must follow in order for your SEVIS record to be released to Valpo.
- Log on to iValpo (the blue button under Full Client Services), and find the SEVIS Transfer-in Request e-form under the F-1 Student Services tab.
- Submit this e-form, including your current school’s international student advisor information. Please allow five business days for processing. More time may be necessary if follow-up is required.
- Once your request has been approved by the Valparaiso University International Programs office, you will receive a notification to your Valpo email account. Your Transfer Pending I-20 to Valparaiso University will be created.
- If you are traveling outside the U.S. before you come to Valpo, you may create a shipping request for this Transfer Pending I-20 to be sent to you. The shipping request can be made through eShipGlobal. For detailed information, click here. Once we see your request, we will ship your Transfer Pending I-20 to you. You may also pick up your Transfer Pending Valpo I-20 in person at the International Programs office.
All transfer students must check in with our office before their first semester at Valpo; check-in takes place during new-student orientation. You must check in before you begin any on-campus employment at Valparaiso University. If you fail to comply with these regulations, you will fall out of legal immigration status.
- Admitted Students
- Step 1 – Organize Pre-Arrival Immigration Details
- Step 1a – Have a Successful Visa Interview
- Step 2 – Health Insurance Information
- Step 3 – Find Housing in Valpo
- Step 4 – Travel to Valpo
- Step 5 – Attend New-Student Orientation
- Transferring to Valpo
- Exchange Students
- Program Deferrals