Undergraduate Student Housing
- Housing Deposit Form
- Undergraduate students must live on campus.
- On-campus housing is in great demand, so you are encouraged to fill out the deposit form as early as possible to secure a space. To learn more about on-campus living and view residence halls and rooms, visit Residential Life.
- Please note that there is no bedding provided upon arrival, so please bring with you a minimum of $30-$50 U.S. Dollar cash to purchase bedding, basic supplies, and food for the first couple of nights in the residence hall.
- For summer and fall arrivals, you can wait for a couple of months before purchasing a heavier blanket.
- If you arrive in the winter, you will need to allow for more cash to purchase a heavier blanket immediately. You should also bring some warm clothing with you.
Graduate/Law Student Housing
- Graduate students have on and off-campus housing options.
- On-campus option:
- Graduate students have an on-campus housing option (dependent on availability). Rates for on-campus housing are $35 daily, $200 weekly, or $800 monthly. For more information about this option, click here. If you’re interested in living on-campus, please fill out Residential Life’s Housing Interest Form. You must arrange on-campus housing prior to your arrival in order to move in on that semester’s move-in dates. Plan to bring $50-75 USD to purchase bedding, basic supplies & food for the first couple of nights in the residence halls.
- Off-campus options:
- Potential housing charges at off-campus apartments:
- Rent – Usually paid monthly
- Electricity: Electricity is used for heating and cooking in many apartment buildings, and you may be responsible to arrange and pay for your own electrical service if it is not included in your rent payment. NIPSCO
- Water: This also includes waste pickup and storm-water drainage. Valparaiso City Utilities
- Cable: Cable television and high-speed internet, as well as land-line phone service, can be purchased through Comcast. The best way to get your service set up is to visit their website.
If your housing is not available at the time of your arrival, you may choose to stay at a nearby hotel. Rooms cost approximately $75 plus tax for international students at the Country Inn & Suites right next to campus. Please make the arrangements prior to your arrival. In order to get the special rate of approximately $75, you will need to tell the hotel that you are an international student arriving for the first time at Valpo.
Country Inn and Suites
2020 LaPorte Avenue
Valparaiso, IN 46383