Step 5 – Attend New-Student Orientation
All new international students must attend orientation on the following days, depending on their admission term:
Mandatory Spring 2023 Orientation Sessions for Graduate Students*
OIP Orientation Sessions
Graduate School Orientation Sessions
Mandatory Spring 2023 Orientation Sessions for Bachelor’s Students*
OIP Orientation Sessions
Undergraduate international students are required to attend the FOCUS session on Monday, January 9.
Check this page for more Spring 2023 FOCUS details.
*There is a $50 OIP orientation fee that will be charged to all new students, whether they attend or not. Undergraduate (bachelor’s) students will be charged an additional FOCUS fee.
The next start term available to international students for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program is Spring (January) 2023. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the MBA program’s orientation sessions.
You must also attend the Office of International Program’s (OIP) new international student orientation sessions starting January 6, 2023.
The details for Summer (May) and Fall (August) 2023 New International Student orientation will be determined in the coming months, but we anticipate mandatory in-person orientation beginning on May 12 for Summer admits and August 15 for Fall admits, so mark those dates on your calendars if you are planning to start your studies at Valpo in 2023!
ATTENTION all international students in F-1 and J-1 visa status:
When you report to the Office of International Programs (OIP), please bring the following document:
Please prepare the following documents to upload through iValpo
- U.S. Address (for those living on campus, we need both your dorm room number and dorm street address)
- SEVIS I-20 Form (F-1) or DS-2019 Form (J-1); don’t forget to sign it yourself!
- F-1 or J-1 visa scan (unless you are Canadian citizen exempt from the F-1 visa requirement)
- I-94 form, available for printout here: Access I-94.
- Change of Status approval notice (if applicable)
Dependent documents – you will need to also provide all the above documents for your dependents (child or spouse) if they hold F-2 or J-2 visa status.
If you do not submit the above documents, the Office of International Programs (OIP) will be unable to register your immigration record in SEVIS, and you will be in danger of falling out of legal immigration status.
- Admitted Students
- Step 1 – Organize Pre-Arrival Immigration Details
- Step 1a – Have a Successful Visa Interview
- Step 2 – Health Insurance Information
- Step 3 – Find Housing in Valpo
- Step 4 – Travel to Valpo
- Step 5 – Attend New-Student Orientation
- Transferring to Valpo
- Exchange Students
- Program Deferrals