International Student Spotlight
Name: Michael Hazboun
Hometown: Amman, Jordan
Year & Major: Bachelor’s (Junior), Psychology & Economics double major
Languages Spoke: Arabic, English
What shocked you upon coming to the U.S.?
- The food: it just doesn’t have the spices & freshness of the food back home!
- Cucumbers (and other vegetables) look different in US than in Jordan.
- No waste basket next to toilet! An absolute standard in Jordan.
What do you like best about Valpo & the U.S.?
- The sunny weather & blue skies, not dreary like London can be.
- Faculty are very nice! No bad faculty.
If you were given a flight ticket today, it would be to…
- Visit home, especially to eat real shawarma & see friends and family.