- If a cardholder loses his or her OneCard but still wants a chance to look for it, the IT Help Desk can assign them a temporary ID card for 24 hours.
- If a student has left his or her OneCard at home and is waiting for it to be sent, the temporary ID will be valid for up to one week.
- The temporary ID will function just like an ordinary OneCard–all services available on the OneCard and all of the cardholder’s accounts will be transferred to the temporary ID. Temporary ID cards may not be used for package pick-up at the mail center.
- The temporary ID is not intended to be a replacement ID. Students must replace their OneCard if they do not find it.
- The cardholder must bring the temporary ID back to the IT Help Desk or will be charged an additional $15 to replace it.
- When a regular ID is lost or stolen and a new regular ID is purchased, the cardholder must advise the OneCard staff member a temporary ID was assigned to him/her prior to having his/her regular ID printed. In addition, the cardholder must present the temporary ID at the time of purchase or an additional $15 non-refundable fee will be accessed. Temporary ID fees may not be returned at a later date for refund.
- After hours, students may see VUPD to be issued a temporary ID.