How can I get help?
The Information Technology department offers a variety of services to help the Valpo community with technology. If you don’t know who to ask, contact the Help Desk! Depending on the nature of the problem, your issue may be resolved over the phone, by having a technician troubleshoot at the desk, or through one-on-one consulting. You can reach the IT Help Desk in multiple ways:
- in person at the Christopher Center for Library and Information Resources (CCLIR) — bring your photo ID with you! The Help Desk is located on the first floor between the main computer cluster and Grinders coffee shop,
- by phone at 219.464.5678,
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- and online via our ITicket system.
When requesting help, please be sure to describe your issue as completely as possible, as this will help us better and more quickly assist you. Also, please provide complete and accurate contact information so that we may reach you for follow-up.
If you are a parent looking for information about the OneCard system, please visit the OneCard webpage.
If you are an alumnus/a of VU and need to change your Valpo email forwarding, please contact the Help Desk.
Help Desk Hours
Help Desk hours are set according to the academic calendar, holidays, and semester breaks. Current hours are listed below, and are also available on the Help Desk phone tree; call 219.464.5678 and press 1.
Regular hours for Fall semester 2016 will be observed through Friday, Dec. 9 and are as follows:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sundays: noon – 8 p.m.
Hours for the remainder of December 2016 are:
- Saturday, Dec. 10 (Reading Day): 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 11: noon – 8 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 12 through Thursday, Dec. 15: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 16: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 17 & Sunday, Dec. 18: closed
- Monday, Dec. 19 through Thursday, Dec. 22: TBA
The University will be closed Friday, Dec. 23 through Monday, Jan. 2 in observation of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. The Help Desk will also be closed during this time. See information below regarding how to submit an ITicket while the desk is closed.
IT has regular maintenance windows in order to maintain our services. Please check the maintenance window schedule to ensure the service you are trying to access isn’t simply down for maintenance.
Problems when the Help Desk isn’t open? When the IT Help Desk is not open, you may submit requests online through https://helpdesk.valpo.edu, via email to email@example.com, or through our voicemail at 219.464.5678. We will respond to your request as soon as possible during our normal business hours. To report a large-scale computer or telephone system problem affecting multiple people outside of normal Help Desk hours, please contact VUPD at 219.464.5430. The Help Desk does NOT monitor email 24×7.